Staff Picks of the Month
You may have noticed the “Staff Picks of the Month” section on the second floor of the library.
Each month, one or more library staff members select 20-25 books from our collection to display in the collaboration space.
For the month of March, I put together the collection based on the theme “Growth”. Each of these books has changed my perspective is some way. These books range in topic from food to synchronicity to nonviolent communication to joy to love. If a book strikes your fancy, please feel free to check it out at the first floor Services Desk!
If you have any questions or comments, you may reply to this post or visit us at the Services Desk.
Though some of the books are already checked out, we may have multiple copies in our collection at TC or additional copies at one of the other Columbia Libraries. Titles, authors, and call numbers are below.
· The Use of the Self: Its Conscious Direction in Relation to Diagnosis, Functioning and the Control of Reaction by F.M. Alexander BF172. A4 1984
· The tools: 5 Tools to Help You Find Courage, Creativity, and Willpower–and Inspire You to Live Life in Forward by Phil Stutz, Barry Michels BF637.S4 S974 2012
· The dip : a little book that teaches you when to quit (and when to stick) by Seth Godin BF637.S4 G63 2007
· Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol S. Dweck BF773.D85 2006
· The life-changing magic of tidying up : the Japanese art of decluttering and organizing by Marie Kondo TX321 .K6613 2014
· Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie PR9387.9.A34354 H35 2006
· Bird by bird : some instructions on writing and life by Anne Lamott PN147 .L315 1995
· Super brain : unleashing the explosive power of your mind to maximize health, happiness, and spiritual well-being by Deepak Chopra, M.D. and Rudolph E. Tanzi, Ph.D RA776.95 .C494 2012
· Contagious : why things catch on by Jonah Berger HF5415.153 .B463 2013
· The Art of Loving by Erich Fromm HQ33.F77 c.6
· Paleo Power lunch : easy, filling & delicious workday meal strategies by Stormy Sweitzer TX 652.S84 2012
· Dying to be Me by Anita Moorjani RC262 .M664 2014
· Norwegian wood by Haruki Murakami PL856.U673 N6713 2000
· The drama of the gifted child by Alice Miller RC553.N36 M5413 1990
· I Can See Clearly Now by Wayne Dyer BF503 .D94 2014
· Nonviolent Communication by Marshall Rosenberg BF637.C45 R645 2003
· Body Learning by Michael J. Gelb BF172 .G44 2004
· The 4-hour workweek : escape 9-5, live anywhere, and join the new rich by Timothy Ferriss HD6955 .F435 2009
· How the Fierce Handle Fear edited by Sophfronia Scott BF575.F2H72 2010
· Finding Flow: The Psychology of Engagement with Everyday Life by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi BF575.H27C848
· The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy PR9499.3.R59 G63 1998
· The Art of Possibility: Transforming Professional and Personal Life by Rosamund & Benjamin Zander BC199.P7Z36 2000
· The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown BF575.S37 B76 2010